Montessori Knobbed Cylinders Instruction
How to use Montessori Knobbed Cylinders
Children learn when they work on Montessori knobbed cylinders. It helps children's fine motor skill and prepares them for handwriting later. The video shows how to hold a knobbed cylinders.
- Visual discrimination of dimensions
- Fine motor skills practice: coordination of the fingers used to hold the pencil. It is an important practice for writing in the near future
- Preparation for mathematics
DescriptionCylinder block 1
Cylinder block 2
Cylinder Block 3
diameter decreases as the height remains constant
Cylinder Block 4
- Bring the child to the cylinder blocks and tell him. “These are cylinder blocks.”
- Show the child how to carry one of the blocks by gripping the blocks on both sides with both hands and carrying it at waist level and parallel to the ground.
- Have the child carry the block over to the table and show the child where to place it near the median line of the table. Have the child sit down to your left and then you sit down.
- Begin by pinching from above the knob of the cylinder furthest to the right using you thumb and two fingers.
- Slowly pull the cylinder out of its hole completely.
- Place the cylinder standing up in front on the block randomly.
- Repeat by taking out the cylinder in the same way that is furthest to the left
- Pause when all cylinders are removed.
- Select the largest or smallest cylinders and returns each cylinder to the socket.